Internationally recognized business advisor Michelle Payne turned to coaching after a decade of executive leadership in the retail industry. At Gap, Inc., Macy’s, and Limited Inc., Michelle headed up teams as large as 1000+. Michelle is passionate about helping leaders understand and leverage their strengths, using strategy and skills to achieve their goals.
Michelle is a Master Certified Coach and in the top 1% of her profession in the world. She has coached executives across the U.S., in the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Canada and Switzerland. Her strong leadership background enhances the value of every coaching engagement. She is a leader in not only the business world, but also the coaching industry. Some of her accomplishments:
- Co- Director and Faculty for the Coach Certificate Program at the University of California, Davis.
- Instructor and coach for the Executive Leadership Program for the UC Davis, extension.
- Founder and Chairman of the Board for SEE Forward, a non-profit that provides professional coaching to single working mothers.
- 2015 Poster Award Recipient, Coaching in Leadership and Healthcare Conference sponsored by Harvard Medical School, Institute of Coaching and McLean Hospital-Shift in Value System – Shift in Psychological Well-Being: Evidence from an Experimental Coaching Intervention on Understanding the Content and Origin of Personal Values.
- Participating coach in a program between the International Coach Federation (ICF) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
- Credential Assessor for the International Coach Federation’s credentialing program. 2006- Present.
- Nominated and elected for the Board of the International Coach Federation, 2006-2009.
- Co-founded and is Chairman of the Board of A Hand UP Coaching, an international non-profit organization that arranges coaching partnerships for women in need (affiliated with Dress for Success Worldwide and sponsored by AT & T Wireless), 2000-2010.
- Winner of the Outstanding Women Leader Award for 2003.
- Certified in Emotional Intelligence.
- Certified in Lominger 360 Voices.
Board memberships: SEE Forward, International Coach Federation, A Hand UP Coaching
Michelle and her clients have been featured in The Wallstreet Journal, Smart Money Magazine, L.A. Times, Sacramento Bee, The Business Journal and Entrepreneur Magazine.